Zotero is a free open source reference management program maintained by the Corporation for Digital Scholarship in the USA. It is used as a desktop application that is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and iOS.
Zotero allows you to:
- Gather references from different databases and elsewhere in the Web.
- Maintain and organize references.
- Share references with other Zotero users.
- Format citations in your manuscripts and produce bibliographies in a variety of citation styles.
- Transfer references to and from other reference management tools.
Read the basics about Zotero at UEF (opens in new tab).
Watch the video by Top Tip Bio (12:40):
How to use Zotero: a beginner’s guide (opens in new tab).
The following sections of this learning material will guide you step by step about how to use Zotero for managing your references.