RefWorks is a web-based reference management tool. Users’ references are stored online in cloud. This allows the references to be accessed and updated from any computer with an Internet connection.
RefWorks allows you to:
- Gather references from different databases and elsewhere in the Web
- Maintain and organize references
- Share references with other RefWorks users
- Generate bibliographies and format manuscripts in a variety of citation styles
- Transfer references to and from other reference management tools
RefWorks is available for UEF students and staff and for Kuopio University Hospital (KUH) staff. All Finnish universities have acquired a RefWorks licence.
Read the basics about RefWorks use at UEF (opens in new window).
Watch the video (4:44): Introduction to RefWorks (opens in new window).
The following sections will guide you to use RefWorks for managing your references. Please, complete the tasks presented in the first four sections before attending the contact teaching session (i.e. steps 1-5 of the module assignment in Moodle). The tasks in the last section (i.e. steps 6-8 of the module assignment in Moodle) are completed during the contact teaching session.